For our COVID-19 policies and protocols, please visit our COVID-19 Info Centre.
Forms of Payment
- We accept cash, cheque and credit card payments (Mastercard, Visa and Discover cards).
- Online registration requires payment by CREDIT CARD.
- All transactions will be completed in Canadian dollars.
- If you cannot register online, contact us for registration instructions. An online account will be set up for you.
- Cash, cheque and credit card payments can be made in person at the club office.
- Make cheques payable to: North Toronto Skating Club
- Please DO NOT send cash or credit card information by mail.
- Each season, skaters must pay the Skate Canada Membership fee. This fee provides accident insurance and allows the skater to participate in Skate Canada tests, competitions, and events. It is valid for one year from September 1 to August 31. This fee is non-refundable once submitted to Skate Canada.
- Each season, skaters must pay the Registration Fee in addition to their program fees.
- AdultSkaters pay a Registration Fee for both Spring and Fall Sessions. The fee is proportional to the number of weeks in each session.
- Each season, skaters are required to purchase and sell one Fundraising Book of Tickets for the annual Ontario Skaters Promotional Contest. AdultSkaters pay a fundraising fee for Fall and Spring Sessions in place of the tickets.
- Club Membership fee for skaters new to our club. This is a lifetime club membership and is only paid the first time a skater joins our club.
- Skate Canada assessments and test days are pay as you go for STARSkate levels.
There is a small fee charged for CanSkate badges and ribbons as they are earned.
Terms & Conditions
- Registrations are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Some programs fill quickly so register early to get your preferred program times. Online registration is the quickest option.
- All programs will take place at the North Toronto Memorial Arena. Any offsite programs will have their location clearly indicated at the time of registration.
Confirmation of registration will be made by email only.
In addition to these general Terms & Conditions, you may be required to accept policies specific to each program.
If products are offered for purchase on the site, they will be available for pickup in the club office.
We do not export any goods or services.
Member information will be shared with Skate Canada in order to register as a Skate Canada member.
- The North Toronto Skating Club will only use your information to manage your club and Skate Canada memberships and to provide club communications.
- The email address and names of club members who joined prior to the 2019/20 Season were shared with Mailchimp for the sole purpose of club communications.
- Your personal information is never exchanged with, sold, rented or disclosed to any third party except for the reasons listed above.
- The Skater Registration Fee is non-refundable after the skater's first class.
- The Fundraising Book of Tickets is non-refundable after the skater's first class.
- The Fall and Spring AdultSkate Registration and Fundraising fees are non-refundable after the skater's first class.
The Skate Canada Membership fee is non-refundable once submitted to Skate Canada.
- The Club Membership fee is non-refundable after the skater's first class.
Program fees are fully refundable up to the program start date listed for each program.
No refunds after the program start date except for medical reasons. Medical refunds are issued as a 3 year club credit except under exceptional circumstances approved by the Board of Directors.
In the event of a full club closure after the program start date:
Installments due BEFORE the closure date are due in full and will not be refunded.
Installments due ON or AFTER the closure date will be cancelled or fully refunded if the payment has already been processed.
Merchandise refunds will be provided only if the item is in new, unused condition. Defective merchandise can be exchanged for a new item.
Contact us to process a return or refund.
- The club relies on members to contribute their time to help out with day to day activities, test days and special events.
- Each member is required to volunteer a minimum of one hour of their time or the time of a family member to the club as needed.
- Skaters must provide their own locks if renting a locker.
- It is the skater's responsibility to make sure they use their assigned locker and lock it securely.
- Skaters must empty their locker at the end of the season. The club reserves the right to cut off locks starting June 1st each year and is not responsible for damage to personal locks.
- At the end of the season, contents of lockers will be held until June 30th. Members will be notified by email to claim their personal belongings. The club reserves the right to dispose of unclaimed personal belongings after June 30th.
Lost or Stolen Items
- The club is not responsible for lost or stolen items in left in the change rooms or any where else in the arena.
- Change rooms are not locked during sessions. Please DO NOT leave any valuables in the change rooms.
- Members should turn in lost items to the club office.
- Contact us as soon as possible if you have lost an item. The arena staff may also have your item.
- The club reserves the right to dispose of unclaimed items at the end of the season.